This Valentine’s Day, we’re sharing our favourite ideas for showing love to the special people in our lives. Whoever you celebrate with this year, here’s how you can make it a day to remember.
- Spend some quality time with the little love(s) of your life. A night out at the movies followed by a treat (hot chocolate, anyone?) with your child is one simple way to make Valentine’s Day memorable.
- Celebrate with your entire family by hosting a dinner. After all, as the saying goes the way to the heart is through the stomach!
- Make someone’s day: drop by a neighbour’s house with a valentine, visit an elderly relative or donate to a cause that holds meaning to you and your loved ones.
- Make a homemade card for someone you love.
- Recreating your first date with your significant other is an adorable way to relive the start of your relationship and bring back that honeymoon feeling.
- Are you and your significant other always fighting for first place? Challenge them to a game night, arcade night, a table tennis match, a paintball tournament - anything that requires you to keep score!
- Feeling fancy? Plan a celebrity date night. Dress your best, rent a limo, head to the best restaurant in town and finish the night at the hottest club around.
- Celebrating on a budget? Take a tour of all the free museums and art galleries in town.
- Plan a romantic scavenger hunt for your significant other.
- Write love lists for the people you care about most. Encourage your children to take part in the fun by writing down the things they love about their parents, grandparents and other special people in their lives.
Bonus idea: Power down! Give your loved ones your full attention this Valentine’s Day by putting away your devices.
Let us know in the comments what you do to celebrate love today and everyday!
Featured image by: Tia McCutchen